Magethi Industrial Psychology Services was founded by Mirriam Magethi who has extensive experience as well as various qualifications in the industry. She is passionate about psychology and spreading the company’s services to outskirt areas.
Magethi Industrial Psychology Services is affiliated with the various bodies in the industry, HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa), SIOPSA (Society for Industrial and Organisational Psychology of South Africa) and SAMLA (South African Medico-Legal Association). We conduct ourselves within the best industry standards.
Magethi Industrial Psychology Services is a registered South African company with offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Nelspruit. The company puts its clients first in all its services. Magethi Industrial Psychology Services is ran by a team of passionate people who are ready to assist you throughout all the services you require from us.
Industrial psychologists contribute to an organization’s success by improving the performance, motivation, job satisfaction, occupational safety and health, as well as the overall health and well-being of its employees. An Industrial psychologist conducts research on employee behaviours and attitudes, and how these can be improved through hiring practices, training programs, feedback, and management systems. Industrial psychologists also help organizations and their employees’ transition during periods of change and organization development.
Corporate Service Offerings
Brief overview of different outcomes: Organisations use assessment tools & procedures to help them perform the following human resource functions:
• Psychometric Assessment Services – We provide cutting-edge talent solutions through psychometric assessments. Our team has vast knowledge and experience in psychometric assessments including ability assessments, personality assessments and simulation exercises. We can select appropriate assessment batteries and develop comprehensive integrated reports for recruitment and selection purposes, coaching, career guidance, team building, as well as training and development needs. Magethi Industrial Psychology Services has invested in both traditional paper and pencil assessments and cutting-edge online assessments for your convenience. Our specialised team handles bulk assessments from group apprentice level evaluations to individualised executive talent management solutions.
• Organisational Development – The 21st century workplace presents with numerous dynamics and a generally young population filling our organisations with an enormous talent pull. We are driven by the need to harness such individual talent and align it with your organisational strategic plans and feed to your vision. It provides us with great pleasure to see you flourish and benefit from tailor made organisational development solutions that speaks to your specific needs. We adopt satisfaction surveys, organisational climate surveys, employee wellness programs, organisational citizenship behaviour surveys, succession planning and training and development as part of our holistic organisational development interventions. This all contributes to employee wellness and an optimally performing workforce.
• Change Management – Organisational change is inevitable considering the strong need to adapt to an everchanging socio-economic, political and highly technological global village we live in today. We go an extra mile to prepare, support and help individuals, teams, and organizations in making organisational changes. Our handpicked psychometric assessments will give us a deeper understanding of how your employees naturally cope or navigate structural changes from which we devise informed stress management and countless coping techniques.
• Leadership Development – Psychometric assessments are often used to identify high potential employees who possess hidden leadership behavioural traits and managerial skills beyond cognitive competence enabling them to assume and excel in executive roles. Magethi Industrial Psychology Services also boasts in using succession planning as part of leadership development.
• Training and Development – We have a wide product offering including customised training and development solutions. There are numerous benefits of investing in employees which are your biggest asset for sustainable business growth and success. The benefits are not only limited to increased performance and profit but also influence staff retention, employee wellness and general satisfaction, organisational citizenship behaviour among other things.
Career exploration and guidance – Our career guidance facility is robustly guided and informed by Aptitude, Motivation, Interest and Personality assessments to give you a holistic profile of your cognitive capability and personality preferences from which you can select the best career stream for you.
Recruitment and selection – We pride ourselves in advising on assessments batteries suitable for various positions guided by specific job descriptions from entry level jobs to senior management positions. We also prepare Talent match reports, Individual reports and Managerial reports that are comprehensive enough to identify best possible candidates, cognitively capable and culturally fit to your environment.
Mirriam Magethi Managing Director
Education: BA Industrial Psychology (Wits), BA (Hons) Industrial Psychology (Wits), MA Industrial Psychology (UJ), Registered industrial Psychologist (HPCSA) , Multiple Psychometric Assessment Accreditations
Consultants & Administrators: Our consultants at Magethi Industrial Psychology Services are equipped with a great understandingoftheindustry. Theyarealways readytotacklenewtasks and also address your issues as well as communicatethem thoroughly to management